Friday 31 May 2013

What I Watched In May '13




A month of films, of which an unreasonable amount seem to have red-centric posters. If you've been following my monthly recaps since January, you'll notice that May has almost half of my usual viewing figures. This is down to a number of things; writing my last assignments and finishing my third year of uni, taking a 5 night trip to London to visit Rosita while she is on a work placement, and my decision to plough through the first season of Once Upon A Time, one of the many TV shows I intend to catch up with. Nonetheless I managed to get quite a few films watched, and amazingly only one of them was a re-watch. I've also decided to remove the 'Most likely to watch again next month' section of my monthly breakdown because, as far as I can tell, I have never re-watched the films that have received this title the following month.

23 films in total.
1 of these films was a re-watch.
22 weren't.
2 were foreign language.
received a 5-star rating.
3 received a 1-star rating.
was a silent film.

Best (New) Film of the month: Robot & Frank
Worst Film of the month: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Most Surprising: What Richard Did
Most Disappointing: Texas Chainsaw

Best part of a terrible film: Dominic Cooper's face (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter)
Worst part of a great film: That it wasn't longer (What Richard Did)

Let me know what the best and worst things are you've watched this month and be sure to leave me recommendations for June!

You can find my Letterboxd account here.

No comments :

Post a Comment