Friday 7 February 2014

Goodbye Mr. Hoffman










Philip Seymour Hoffman
1967 - 2014

- So this week started with some truly awful news. I was visiting friends in Liverpool when I found out about Philip Seymour Hoffman, so I wasn't able to post anything at the time.
- It's just such horrible news and so very sad. It's always the way that when something so tragic happens to someone in the film industry we're instantly reminded of all the great roles that they treated us too and all of those that you have yet to see. In this case it made me realise that PSH is one of those actors whose consistent quality I just took for granted.
- Of all the films that he graced with his talent Magnolia is my absolute favourite, but The Savages, Mary and Max and The Big Lebowski are all up there.
-Then there are the films I still have yet to see; Capote, Moneyball, Happiness, Punch Drunk Love and Boogie Nights. Films that I'm even more keen to seek out now.
- His absence from the screen is certainly going to be felt.


- I finally got to see Inside Llewyn Davis and adored it.
- There needs to be some kind of award given to the cats in this film for being incredibly adorable.
- Both The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier got new trailers. I'm still very excited for both and I'm starting to think that I have a very big weakness for superheroes because I seem to be the only person who remains optimistic that these will both be great.
- I'm now on season 3 of Breaking Bad and I'm hooked. I'm prioritising watching it over films so it's definitely serious.
- A female Doctor Doom is apparently being considered as a valid option for the new Fantastic Four film. I'd love this to happen if only to piss off all of the spoilt Marvel fanboys who don't seem to be satisfied by anything they are given.
- Maybe they should cast Shailene Woodley for an extra kick to the balls.


You can find my Tumblr here and my Pinterest here.


No comments :

Post a Comment